I’m published! How strange.
So head on over and read it in the August 2016 issue.
In my ‘Oh, look, I’m published for the first time!” Oscar speech, I would like to thank:
- Lisa Carter, Spanish<>English literary translator. Working as assistant editor for her website, Intralingo, for a year helped me gain the confidence necessary to seek out my first translation project.
- ALTA, whose annual conference helped me meet other translators and go, hm, I think I could actually do this…
- ELTNA, which helped me find others working in science fiction and genre translation.
- Laura Christensen, author and French-to-English translator of fairy tales, who’s been a great Twitter friend and gave me fantastic feedback on my early draft.
- Ri J. Turner, translator and FB friend, who *also* gave me fantastic draft feedback.
- Meredeth, Japanese-to-English translator and Twitter friend, who *also also* gave me fantastic draft feedback.
Friends don’t let friends translate alone, folks. Go out there and find yourself some translation buddies. It’s worth the hunt!